Our labyrinth is based on the design of the labyrinth at the Chartres Cathedral in France, which was built around the year 1200. The Chartres labyrinth is inlaid into the floor of the cathedral. The design is considered to be part of the medieval period of labyrinth design and is more complex than the earlier classical labyrinth designs.
Our version of the Chartres labyrinth is outdoors to take full advantage of Chandler's warm weather.
On the north side of our labyrinth, there are 13 large stones with the names of Jesus and the twelve original disciples. These stones remind us that the world Christian movement was started by a small group of dedicated followers of Jesus.
Our labyrinth is open to the public and is located on the northwest corner of our campus at 1900 S. Arrowhead Drive. To find the labyrinth, park in our main parking lot and proceed westward. A paved walkway leads into the labyrinth area, which is below ground level. A large cross in the desert will show you the way.